- Chinese Organizing Committee
- Our Partners
- Business Plan
- Special Thanks
Chinese Organizing Committee
The Chinese organizing committee of 2018 Ningbo-Nice International Carnival was formed on January 26th 2018. The organizing committee is made up of a general office as well as the 6 following working groups:
General coordination group
project activity group
Foreign affairs coordination group
Security and protection group
News and publicity group
Mr. WAN Yawei, Minister for Publiclity Department of CPC Ningbo
LI Guanding, Deputy Mayor, Ningbo Municipal Government
ZHU Yinliang, Deputy Mayor, Ningbo Municipal Government
LI Zhemin, Director-General of Ningbo Municipal Tourism Development Commission
European Travel Commission
The European Travel Commission (ETC) is the non-profit organisation responsible for the promotion of Europe as a tourist destination in third markets. Our 32 member National Tourism Organisations work together to build the value of tourism to all the beautiful and diverse countries of Europe through, in particular, cooperating in areas of sharing best practices, market intelligence and promotion.
The Carnival Partners
Our partners aim to promote pan-European festivals activities taking place in February and in summer in order to become a trend for young Chinese tourists aged 20-50, that are more and more traveling to Europe.
Imagetrans Exhibition GmbH
The leading party Imagetrans Exhibition GmbH from Frankfurt in Germany is a pioneer for promoting Europe as a destination to Chinese customers. It is the interface and coordinator between European partners involved as well as the city of Ningbo for the project. Imagetrans is also in charge of the promotion and media exposure of the Carnival and European partners involved through Chinese media.
One of its most impressive success could be the TIENS event in May 2015 that generates more than 50 million euros of tourism income for France, especially in Nice area.
Nice Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Being 2nd largest tourism bureau of France and with a very long history, Nice Convention and Visitors Bureau has made Nice the 2nd destination for Chinese tourists in France. By welcoming more than 100 representatives of Chinese Tourism Bureaus in the past 5 years and visiting China more than 20 times in the past 10 years, Nice Convention and Visitors Bureau has been building a very interesting partnership with China.
Nice Convention and Visitors Bureau is in charge of producing and organizing the Carnival, which is the base of the project. It is very important for the public to watch the original Nice Carnival in Ningbo, and to enlarge it with European partners for the artistic aspect of the parades. It will also be in charge of troupes coordination, logistic and organization, artistic coordination, sound and lights, translator, and general management of the Carnival. It will also provide French troupes and handle the design of the flower battle floats as well as the building of themed giant floats, which is the symbol of the Nice Carnival.
Szegedi Rendezveny- es Mediakozpont Nonprofit Kft
- 2019 will mark the 50th anniversary of the sister city agreement between Szeged and Nice. The Szegedi Rendezveny- es Mediakozpont Nonprofit Kft of Hungary will provide Hungarian troupes of artists for the parades organized in Ningbo and provide advice in the artistic demonstrations of the Carnival as well as coordination, casting and recruiting of troupes in Europe. Szeged will be matched with the prestigious troupe of the Mirror family which is composed of Slovakian based in Austria.
Sociedad de Desarrollo Santa Cruz de Tenerife, S.A.U.
- Also a sister city of Nice, Santa Cruz de Tenerife will provide Spanish troops of artists for the parades organized in Ningbo and provide advice in the artistic demonstrations of the Carnival as well as coordination, casting and recruiting of troupes in Europe. Their troupe will be paired with the Valencianos de TAMBA TAYA.
The presence of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, which is one of the most south-western territory of Europe alongside representatives from 10 other countries also means that Ningbo-Nice International Carnival involves talents from a large superficies of Europe.
The authorities of Santa Cruz de Tenerife have chosen their Sociedad de Desarrollo Santa Cruz de Tenerife, S.A.U. to lead this project and coordinate the exchange alongside with its own Carnival organizing Committee.
Fondazione Carnevale di Viareggio
- Last and not least, Viareggio is also a long-term partner of the City of Nice and its Convention and Visitors Bureau. As Carnival is as important for Viareggio citizens as pizza or pasta are important for Italian people in general, the two troupes from Viareggio will be a huge asset for the parades.
The Fondazione Carnevale di Viareggio will provide Italian troupes of artists for the parades organized in Ningbo and provide advice in the artistic demonstrations of the Carnival as well as coordination, casting and recruiting of troupes in Europe.